ALOO MATAR (Potato and Green Peas curry)
Aloo matar is by far the most simple dish in the Indian food. The dish contains simple ingredients like potato and green peas. The dish is common in restaurants and dhabas. However, the dish can be enhanced by adding cream or besan (gram flour) or even with kaju paste.
- Aloo (potato) cubes from 3 medium size aloo and preferably lightly fried in oil /desi ghee
- Matar (green peas) – 3/4 cup
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Bay leaves – 2 leaves
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon os as per your style
- Green Chili – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- KwikMeal All Purpose Bhuna Masala – 2 1/2 tablespoon
- Jeera sabut (cumin seed) – 1/2 tea spoon
- Homemade garam masal – 1 pinch
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tablespoon
- On medium flame, heat pan. Add oil / desi ghee and heat. Add bay leaves and let bay leaves change color
- Add jeera sabut and let jeera change color.
- Add KwikMeal Bhuna Masala, red chili powder and stir for 2 minutes
- Add aloo and matar and stir for another 2- 3 minutes. Add water and salt
- Bring mix to boil and cover. Reduce flame to medium-low and cook till aloo is tender.
- Turn flame off.
- Add homemade garam masala and or cilantro.
Enjoy with rice, nan, roti or paratha.
Chicken Cury or chicken in sauce or chicken in gravy perhaps the most popular chicken dish cooked at home in the indian sub
Dahi chicken is pieces of chicken cooked in low flame to tender. The dish is very flavorful and easy to cook. The dish can be enjoyed with
Dum Aloo or Aloo Dum is a potato based dish. The dish originally was a traditional Kashmiri cuisine. In the original dish, the potat
Egg Curry or Hard Boiled eggs in Indian Flavored Sauce. The dish is popular all across the Indian sub continent. It is a quick dish and can be enjo
Fish curry is very popular in eastern India, along the costal belts and in Bangladesh. Rice being the staple diet here, the
Matar Paneer Masala is a popular dish among vegetarians in India. The d
When it comes to red meat, lamb dominates the Indian sub continent. It is believed that mutton curry originated in Bengal, India during the
Prawn/Shrimp – Medium Size – 1 lb. Marinade prawn/shrimp