Dahi chicken is pieces of chicken cooked in low flame to tender. The dish is very flavorful and easy to cook. The dish can be enjoyed with buttered nan.
- Bone-in lean chicken pieces preferably from small hen – 1 lb.
- Un-sweetened yogurt/dahi – 4 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Dry bay leaves (tez patta) – 2 leaves
- Jeera (cumin seed) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Homemade garam masala (coarsely grind 3 green cardamom, 1/4 inch cinnamon and 3 cloves) – 1 pinch
- KwikMeal Bhuna Masala – 2 tablespoon
- 1st Marination: Add vinegar to the chicken pieces and mix well and keep for 15 minutes and drain any liquid.
- 2nd Marination: Marinade the chicken pieces in yogurt for 30 minutes.
- Heat pan on medium flame. Add oil to pan and let oil heat up. Add bay leaves (tez patta). Let bay leaves change color. Add jeera. Let jeera change color.
- Add KwikMeal Bhuna Masala, Red chili powder and salt. Stir thoroughly for 3 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken pieces and fry till the chicken pieces start changing color.
- Reduce flame to low -medium and cover pan with lid.
- When chicken pieces are tender turn flame off and add homemade garam masala and again cover lid.
Enjoy with nan, polao, roti and paratha.
Chicken Cury or chicken in sauce or chicken in gravy perhaps the most popular chicken dish cooked at home in the indian sub
Dahi chicken is pieces of chicken cooked in low flame to tender. The dish is very flavorful and easy to cook. The dish can be enjoyed with
Dum Aloo or Aloo Dum is a potato based dish. The dish originally was a traditional Kashmiri cuisine. In the original dish, the potat
Egg Curry or Hard Boiled eggs in Indian Flavored Sauce. The dish is popular all across the Indian sub continent. It is a quick dish and can be enjo
Fish curry is very popular in eastern India, along the costal belts and in Bangladesh. Rice being the staple diet here, the
Matar Paneer Masala is a popular dish among vegetarians in India. The d
When it comes to red meat, lamb dominates the Indian sub continent. It is believed that mutton curry originated in Bengal, India during the
Prawn/Shrimp – Medium Size – 1 lb. Marinade prawn/shrimp