A very popular dish of the masses in India mostly on the top of the menu in restaurants and dhabas. A meal is incomplete without dal tadka. Mostly it is a single lentil or a mix of lentils cooked and then tempered oil/ desi ghee, masala and cilantro (Dhania Patta).
- Arahar (Toor) Dal / Moong Dal dehulled (Dhuli) or a mix of Arahar and Moong in equal quantities – 1 1/2 cup
- Oil / desi ghee – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seed (jeera sabut) – 3/4 teaspoon
- Dry red chili – 2
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Salt – To taste
- KwikMeal Bhuna Masala – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Fresh chopped cilantro leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Boil dal in pressure cooker or in any other bowl. Maintain water as per your cooking.
- Heat pan on medium flame. Add oil or desi ghee. Add dry red chili. Let the chili change color to dark.
- Add jeera. Let jeera change color. Add Kwikmeal Bhuna Masala, red chili powder and stir for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the boiled dal to the mix. Add salt and bring it to boil.
- Turn flame off. Add cilantro and cover for 2 minutes.
Enjoy with rice, nan, roti, paratha.
Chicken Cury or chicken in sauce or chicken in gravy perhaps the most popular chicken dish cooked at home in the indian sub
Dahi chicken is pieces of chicken cooked in low flame to tender. The dish is very flavorful and easy to cook. The dish can be enjoyed with
Dum Aloo or Aloo Dum is a potato based dish. The dish originally was a traditional Kashmiri cuisine. In the original dish, the potat
Egg Curry or Hard Boiled eggs in Indian Flavored Sauce. The dish is popular all across the Indian sub continent. It is a quick dish and can be enjo
Fish curry is very popular in eastern India, along the costal belts and in Bangladesh. Rice being the staple diet here, the
Matar Paneer Masala is a popular dish among vegetarians in India. The d
When it comes to red meat, lamb dominates the Indian sub continent. It is believed that mutton curry originated in Bengal, India during the
Prawn/Shrimp – Medium Size – 1 lb. Marinade prawn/shrimp