MATAR PANEER MASALA
Matar Paneer Masala is a popular dish among vegetarians in India. The dish started in north but has gained popularity all across. It is a good source of protein for the vegetarian. The dish is enjoyed with rice, nan, roti and paratha.
- Matar (peas) – 1/2 cup
- Paneer cubes – 1/2 lb
- Oil / Desi Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaves (tez patta) – 2 leaves
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- KwikMeal Bhuna Masala – 2 tablespoon
- Homemade garam masal – 1 pinch
- Chopped cilanto leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Milk (optional) – 1/4 cup
- Cream (optional) – 3 tablespoon
- Heat pan on medium flame. Add oil / desi ghee and let it heat up. Fry the paneer cubes till slightly golden. Remove and drop the fried paneer pieces in hot water and let it soak in hot water for a few minutes.
- Now in the same pan with remaining oil / ghee, add bay leaves and let bay leaves change color.
- Add KwikMeal Bhuna Masala and red chili powder and stir for 2 – 3 minutes. Add water to the mix and stir till boil. Add the peas and the paneer cubes (not the soaking water).
- Turn flame to medium- low and cover for 10 minutes.
- When matar is tender, turn flame off and add cilantro and homemade garam masala.
Optional: Add milk or cream to the gravy to enhance taste. These must be added right after water is added to the mix.
Enjoy with rice, nan, roti or paratha or even with white bread.
Chicken Cury or chicken in sauce or chicken in gravy perhaps the most popular chicken dish cooked at home in the indian sub
Dahi chicken is pieces of chicken cooked in low flame to tender. The dish is very flavorful and easy to cook. The dish can be enjoyed with
Dum Aloo or Aloo Dum is a potato based dish. The dish originally was a traditional Kashmiri cuisine. In the original dish, the potat
Egg Curry or Hard Boiled eggs in Indian Flavored Sauce. The dish is popular all across the Indian sub continent. It is a quick dish and can be enjo
Fish curry is very popular in eastern India, along the costal belts and in Bangladesh. Rice being the staple diet here, the
Matar Paneer Masala is a popular dish among vegetarians in India. The d
When it comes to red meat, lamb dominates the Indian sub continent. It is believed that mutton curry originated in Bengal, India during the
Prawn/Shrimp – Medium Size – 1 lb. Marinade prawn/shrimp