MUSHROOM MATAR (Mushroom and Green Peas curry)
Mushroom matar is another popular dish of the north Indian dhaba. It is also a popular dish among north Indian vegetarians which is very simple to cook. As the name suggests, the dish has fresh mushroom and green peas.
- Fresh coarse cut mushroom – 1 cup
- Matar (green peas) – 1/2 cup
- Oil / desi ghee – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Bay leaves – 2 leaves
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- KwikMeal All Purpose Bhuna Masala – 2 tablespoon
- Homemade garam masala – 1 pinch
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tablespoon
- On medium flame heat pan/kadhai. Add oil / ghee and heat. Add bay leaves and let bay leaves change color.
- Add KwikMeal All Purpose Bhuna Masala and chili powder and stir for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add mushroom and fry the mushroom with the mix for 2 minutes.
- Add water. Add salt to taste. Bring it to boil and cover pan/Kadhai for 2 minutes.
- Add matar now. and cover. Reduce flame to medium-low and cook till peas are tender and desired thickness. Turn off flame.
- Add homemade garam masala and or cilantro.Enjoy with nan, roti, paratha.
Chicken Cury or chicken in sauce or chicken in gravy perhaps the most popular chicken dish cooked at home in the indian sub
Dahi chicken is pieces of chicken cooked in low flame to tender. The dish is very flavorful and easy to cook. The dish can be enjoyed with
Dum Aloo or Aloo Dum is a potato based dish. The dish originally was a traditional Kashmiri cuisine. In the original dish, the potat
Egg Curry or Hard Boiled eggs in Indian Flavored Sauce. The dish is popular all across the Indian sub continent. It is a quick dish and can be enjo
Fish curry is very popular in eastern India, along the costal belts and in Bangladesh. Rice being the staple diet here, the
Matar Paneer Masala is a popular dish among vegetarians in India. The d
When it comes to red meat, lamb dominates the Indian sub continent. It is believed that mutton curry originated in Bengal, India during the
Prawn/Shrimp – Medium Size – 1 lb. Marinade prawn/shrimp